TRELLEBORG o-rings are widely used seals as they are efficient and economical and can be used in a wide variety of static and dynamic applications to seal practically all liquid and gaseous media.They are available in elastomeric and other materials including (among others) EPDM, FKM and NBR, offered in sizes from 10 mm to 250 mm and suitable for use in operating conditions of -40 °C to 200 °C & 25 MPa max pressure. The o-rings are used predominantly for static sealing applications as a radial static seal, e.g. for bushings,covers,pipes,cylinders,rods or as an axial static seal, e.g. for flanges,plates,caps. Their applications include from repairs or maintenance to quality assured sealing applications in aerospace,automotive or general engineering.Compared with other sealing elements,the TRELLEBORG o-rings have a wide range of advantages:
- Simple,one-piece groove design reduces hardware and design costs
- Compact design allows smaller hardware
- Easy, failsafe installation reduces risk
- Applicable to a wide range of sealing problems: static, dynamic, single- or double-acting
- Wide compound choice for compatibility with most fluids
- Ex-stock availability of many sizes worldwide for easy maintenance and repair
Please refer to the attached Aerospace Part Number Guide.